Leanwords is not responsible for the content of external sites.
How links are chosen for Leanwords
Leanwords includes links to both internal (Leanwords) and external (non-Leanwords) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are sourced from and are suitable for the target audience.
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for further relevant information or other key source material
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for entertainment or enjoyment
- for further informed comment
Leanwords does not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
Leanwords links to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
Leanwords selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
Leanwords does accept submissions or requests please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, Leanwords is not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
- Leanwords does not produce them or maintain/update them
- Leanwords cannot change them
- they can be changed or altered without Leanwords knowledge or agreement.
Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from leanwords.com should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).
Links to user generated material
Some of the content we link to on both Leanwords platforms and external ones is generated by members of the public (messageboards and photo-sharing sites for example). The views expressed are those of the public and, unless specifically stated, are not those of Leanwords. If you consider this content to be in breach of the house rules as indicated on the website, please alert the moderators or site owners on the sites where the material appears.
Sign posts and content information
Increasingly, Leanwords is making more video and audio content available online (via a video or radio player). The Leanwords online guidelines state:
- Any material on the Leanwords homepage must be suitable for a general audience including children.
- The first click from the Leanwords homepage should not normally lead straight to a page which includes material which is unsuitable for a general audience.
Where appropriate, users are informed of the nature of the material they might expect to see or hear by clear labelling on destination pages and on the video or radio players.